Friday, July 8, 2011

Page Maps Punky Sprouts Entry



This layout is for the Page Maps Blog's Punky Sprouts Contest. http://pagemaps.blogspot.com/2011/07/punky-sprouts-sketch-contest.html

Once again I'm going back to working on Kat's senior album. I have to get it finished so that I can start Arch's before school starts for HIS senior year. So what if she's been in college a year already? Good things come to those who wait, right? Okay, first the layout.
These pictures are once again from the wonderful Christa Holland's senior photo shoot. I love the black and white one!
I used off-white cardstock from Paper Studios for the background and the the patterned paper is from Life Stories Celebration Tracker Family History stack. I used remnants for the ribbons. I've been hanging onto that crocheted one for a very long time, looking for just the right place for it. The others are from Basic Grey. The wooden accents are from K&Company. I colored the peacock with Galaxy markers. The quotation is from a family history stack. It says, "Life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments." Rose Kennedy. Since this album celebrates moments of a milestone year, it seemed to fit.  Here's a detail shot of the peacock. I thought I'd ruined it, since it smeared and I tried to even it out with alcohol. Kat loves it so it's a happy accident!

1 comment:

  1. Your pages on Kat's pics are absolutely beautiful -- the colors and the elegance in your design! I hope she has a wonderful school year!

    ReplyDelete