I haven't blogged (or scrapped!) in quite some time, so today it was sure fun to pull out these Target Dollar Spot mailboxes and dive into my stash. I made one for Kat and then one for her roommate and other girls on her end of the hall. I think they turned out really cute. I followed the directions in the tutorial on
http://www.kerryspapercrafts.com/?p=395. I did make a couple of changes. My mailboxes were red and white and didn't look all that great with the edge of the lids showing, so I cut a 1/4 strip of paper matching the end paper and glued that on the edge, then sanded it and inked the edges. I also noticed that both ends of mine came off which made covering the back end much easier. I used Jolee's cupcakes on the flags for all of them. All the paper and supplies came from my stash, so this was a really inexpensive gift for Kat to give her friends. Now I need to make Arch's and fill all of them.
oh they are so pretty! Kats friends will love them
ReplyDeleteLOVE them!!! they are so cute!!!
ReplyDeleteKat's friends DID like them. Very much, in fact. They freaked out when they saw that their names were on them.
ReplyDelete