Saturday, April 28, 2012

Catching Up

With Archie's graduation fast approaching, I decided to get things in gear and get Kat's senior album finished. So several layouts later, IT'S COMPLETE! Here are the last several layouts in her album. Most pictures are by the wonderful Christa Holland. So here we go:


This is the album's opening page. The handmade paper with the roses is one Kat made for me just before her senior year. The other is one I've had in my stash for years. I loved these pictures, they capture her personality so well. And they go with the ones that I've used for the last layout. More on that later.
This layout uses some inking and is based on a layout I found on Pinterest. I love all the pearl and jeweled flourishes I found. In fact, they seem to be a running theme in this album. The saying is "Simiple moments make great memories."
These pictures were taken in the back of an old pickup-turned-trailer. The flowers were wildflowers growing nearby. I loved these prima flowers, especially the bottom ones. They have music notes on them. The saying is, "Joy is the feeling of grinning on the inside."

I love the look of layered papers and in a recent challenge had a layout to follow that used the layers like this and I loved the look. The quotation says, "Sometimes it's good to sit quietly and let happiness come to you."

This is a happy accident. I was trying for a spattered paint background I saw on Pinterest and got blobs, I folded the paper and make a "blotto" type picture and then before it dried sprinkled on Martha Stewart glitter. Then I used my heat gun to dry it giving it the slightly bubbled texture.I added two journaling pages, some flowers, a bit of ribbon and the quotation, "Happiness is reflective like the light of heaven."
I love this metalic paper. So beautiful! I gathered the ribbon to make the curve and added the flowers and butterfly. I used scraps for the four squares. The quotation on this one is "The years tell us much that the days never know."
These are the only pictures in this set that Christa didn't take. It was just about sunset and I was far enough away that my poor camera had a hard time getting a good picture. Kat was third in her class and led the pledge of allegience. Then the music for the national anthem wouldn't work, so she ended up leading everyone in singing it accapella. I've had these Jolee's items since Kat was in 6th grade and I just had to use them.
And the last layout. As promised the pictures just after the opening page. If you know her, on those opening pictures, you can see that she's thinking about jumping. This series of pictures just seemed symbolic of jumping off into the world and growing. I've always loved Mark Harris' song "Find Your Wings" so I used the lyrics with this layout. Again, I love the layered, textured look of so many current layouts so I used folded ribbon, beaded flourishes, flowers and a butterfly. And so after two years in production this album is finished. I can't wait to give it to her.

Now, Arch graduates in four weeks, guess I should get busy on his...





No comments:

Post a Comment