Here are the first few layouts from the album:
We start with the title page. This photo is by Laura May of Bluebonnet's Photography. I loved the layered look I saw in a layout on Pinterest, so I scraplifted it for this one. The scripture quoted is Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."
The pictures for this next LO were taken at the end of Arch's junior year for his 17th birthday, but we both agreed since he was 17 for most of his senior year, they worked in this album. Besides, I found the stained glass paper in my stash and HAD to use it. The quotation is People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross. The photos were taken at the Old Buffalo Gap Cemetary.
Next is a layout I actually did a few years ago. Arch competed in Robotics competition all through high school and was team captain his senior year. Team Fluffy took 5th place in the Regional Competition that year.
This is another LO I did back a few years ago. Photos again by Laura May. This is Grandpa's old tractor. Arch really wanted to wear his tux for a few of the shots and play his trombone (much like his sister did her formal and flute) in unusual places around the farm and other spots around town.The epoxy sticker says "Life is better when it's fun."
The photos on this next one are the proofs for the senior photos the school took. Photographer was Wayne Hennington Photography. I put them on Artist Trading Cards and used a sketch I found on Pinterest. Arch was concerned the "bling" would be too girly, but he approved after I got it finished. The scripture is "To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under Heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1.
The next is another photo by Laura May. It was taken at an old, run down stables that is now owned by a church member. Lots of interesting old architecture, in this place. The quotation is "The life given us is short, but the memory of a well-spent life is eternal. Cicero
Next is another Laura May photo. This was an old Butler bin on our farm that a storm blew over several years ago. Jeff and Arch hauled it up to Heartbreak Hill on the place and it just curled over like this. It had such a cool look that Laura and I had to get it in some shots. I love the juxtaposition of the tux and brass horn with the rust and corrugated metal. The charm is from an old zipper pull that I saved. I added a rub-on to the velum tag at the top and a sticker to metal tag. The cog embellishment is from a set I had. The quotation is "Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air. John Quincy Adams.
These are all fun shots of Arch being silly (and not happy with us making him get on the bike) that Laura May took. They just all seemed to go together. The top two are at the old stables and the bottom are at the farm. The quotation is "You are you. Now, isn't that pleasant?" Dr. Seuss.
Last for this set, we're back at the curled Butler bin. Laura had fun with settings on this one, I love this shot. I had to include all three variations. Kathleen told Arch it looked like a cool album cover. I spattered the patterned cardstock with paint and inked the edges of the photos to add to the rustic look. The quotation is, Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and everything. Plato









No comments:
Post a Comment